On August 26th, I'm leading a one-hour webinar aimed at helping student media teams ramp up their daily digital, mobile and social efforts. The session will feature a rapid-fire breakdown of innovative storytelling ideas and audience engagement exercises you can duplicate or adapt for use at your own outlet within minutes.
Among the areas that will be covered:
- Remaking your newsroom into a news hub
- Building a successful daily student blog
- Mining social media for daily story slugs
- Attaching your outlet to daily viral content
- Daily moneymaking and promotional ventures
- The art of the email newsletter
- Real-time campus crime and police reporting
- Stub reporting (building stories in public)
Tune in to the College Media Podcast
Check out Associated Collegiate Press
CMM is proudly partnered with the Associated Collegiate Press, the country’s largest and oldest membership organization for college journalists. To learn more, click on the ACP logo above.
Journalism of Ideas
It has been dubbed "the next new mandatory text for college journalists." My book from Routledge features advice from hundreds of contributors, lots of digital storytelling tips, tons of story ideas and more than 300 exercises, games and prompts aimed at sparking you to come up with endless ideas of your own.