College Media in Action #13: Daily Iowan Editor Interviews U. of Iowa President One-on-One

College Media in Action is a CMM photo series aiming to provide glimpses of student journalists and college media outlets at work (or kicking back) — in the newsroom, the classroom, the field, the dorm or at an unofficial sacred journalist hangout of some sort.

1

Jordyn Reiland, editor-in-chief of The Daily Iowan, recently interviewed University of Iowa president Sally Mason. According to Reiland, it was the student newspaper’s second one-on-one sitdown with Mason this academic year –after nearly seven months of not having any.
The photo is one of the first shots shared on the DI’s Snapchat account. As the paper explained last month in a note to readers, “The field of journalism has gone through a number of significant and exciting changes over the past two decades, with the expansion of online news access, a new hunger for more photos and videos and a demand for interactivity. That’s why, in our 147th year, we are excited to announce a new social media foray that we believe aligns with our mission of better serving our readers. That foray: Snapchat. … The DI Snapchat (@thedailyiowan) will be used daily to show readers the journalistic process, record breaking news, sports, politics, arts and more.” Photo courtesy of Reiland.