College Media in Action #9: A Bold Display of Patriots Pride by a Pitt News Sports Editor

College Media in Action is a CMM photo series aiming to provide glimpses of student journalists and college media outlets at work (or kicking back) — in the newsroom, the classroom, the field, the dorm or at an unofficial sacred journalist hangout of some sort.

5

Dan Sostek, assistant sports editor of The Pitt News, the student newspaper at the University of Pittsburgh, sports a New England Patriots winter cap in the newsroom. The school is located only five miles from Heinz Field, home of the Pittsburgh Steelers. But Sostek, a native of Newton, Mass., is undeterred in his display of post-Super-Bowl love for his hometown Pats.
In glasses and blue shirt, layout editor and columnist Stephen Caruso smiles at the computer screen. To Caruso’s right, managing editor Danielle Fox sneaks a peeks at the camera. Next to her, facing away from the camera, editor-in-chief Natalie Daher is hard at work. The space featured in the image serves as the production room at night, where the editorial team lays out the paper. By day, it is the spot where the business team works on accounts. Photo by Pitt News visual editor Theo Schwarz. Provided courtesy of Natalie Daher.