College Media Podcast: Ranking Journalism Schools & Simulating Photography

Welcome to the latest installment of the College Media Podcast. The CMP is a collaborative venture with Bryan Murley from the Center for Innovation in College Media.

The podcast’s aim: spotlighting big college media news, standout student press work and an array of helpful and innovative tips, sites, programs and tech tools.

1In our most recent episode, we outline our concerns with the latest journalism schools rankings, which were released last month by the media group RTDNA.

As I previously posted, I’m respectfully ambivalent about this ranking attempt and the surveyors behind it for a few big reasons. Among the questions I had after perusing the results: How knowledgeable are the survey respondents about schools they did not personally attend or have been employed at? What are the criteria for the rankings? And how do you genuinely compare a journalism school with a department or a graduate school of journalism with an undergraduate program?

In addition to our ranking rant, Bryan shares a bit about some leading online camera simulators that offer a crash course in how to navigate your SLR.

Click here or on the icon below to listen in on our spirited chat.

Podcast

Missouri Boasts Top Journalism School, Says New RTDNA Survey: Are Results Valid?

College Media Podcast: Publishing Racial Slurs & ‘the Possible Future of Video’

One Response to “College Media Podcast: Ranking Journalism Schools & Simulating Photography”
  1. Bryan Murley says:

I’m respectfully ambivalent about this ranking attempt and the surveyors behind it for a few big reasons.

And I am unrespectfully unambivalent. It’s hogwash, pure and simple. :)