Wake Forest Fans Buy Ad in Student Paper Calling for Basketball Coach’s Firing

A group of Wake Forest University fans dismayed by the cellar-dwelling of the Demon Deacons men’s basketball squad in recent seasons has launched a website and purchased an ad in the Old Gold & Black student newspaper calling for the head coach’s dismissal.

The so-called “Fire Bz” advertisement hypes some cringe-worthy stats amassed by the team under coach Jeff Bzdelik– including the overall, conference, and late-season win-loss records.  It is directed at Wake Forest athletic director Ron Wellman.  The “3 days left” timeframe cited in the ad is in reference to the fans’ desire to have Bzdelik gone prior to the start of the ACC tournament.

1

As Yahoo! Sports reports, “This is just the latest development in campaign to oust Bzdelik who was never a popular choice for the job in the first place. It’s never a good thing to see coaches fail and lose their jobs, but it’s tough to make a case for Bzdelik when confronted with the numbers such as Bzdelik’s 1-25 road record in the ACC or his 4-25 record in February and March during his tenure at Wake.”

Liposuction Ad in Bucknell Student Newspaper Causes Faculty to Complain to School’s President

Georgia’s Red & Black Runs Full-Page ‘Trash-Talk Ad’ Predicting Florida Football Win

Anti-Romney College Football Ad in Ohio State Lantern Grabs Eyeballs, Press Attention

Novelist Says University of Arkansas Student Newspaper Rejected Ad for Her ‘Big Chicken’ Book

Collegiate Times Editor at Virginia Tech: Paper Does Not Support Anti-Muslim Advertisement