Student Media 2.0: Duke Chronicle’s Photo Blog Shutter Features Blue Devils Dancing, Dunking and Much More

Built atop the power of Tumblr, PhotoShelter, and more than 40 student photographers, The Duke Chronicle‘s photo blog Shutter is a must-see snapshot smorgasbord.

At this moment, on the homepage alone, 10 separate slideshows are actively scrolling through themselves– displaying Duke students (mostly student-athletes) dunking, tackling, kicking, dribbling, speaking, and doing whatever is taking place in the image below.

Kudos especially for the huge size of the featured images, the timeliness of the uploads, and the self-scrolling function that gives the blog a funky liveliness (almost as if the slideshows are competing against each other for your attention) and enables you to see Lebron James, Coach K, and local hip-hop and jazz band The Beast within seconds of each other with barely a touch of the mouse.

2 Responses to “Student Media 2.0: Duke Chronicle’s Photo Blog Shutter Features Blue Devils Dancing, Dunking and Much More”
  1. Some great shots on the slideshow of http://shutter.dukechronicle.com. This is a fun and interesting way to introduce what is the college is about to visitors for sure.

2. Wicked slideshows! really is worth a watch!