Twitter Feed Features Internships, Jobs for Journalism, Media & Communications Students

For students interested in internships and entry-level jobs in journalism, media, marketing, PR, and communications, one must-follow Twitter feed: @comminternships.

Steven Chappell, the student media specialist at Iowa’s Simpson College, provides up to 50 updates a day about open positions.  Relevant hashtags on the roughly year-old feed: #internship, #entryleveljournalism, and #entrylevelpr.

As Chappell mentioned late last month on a college media advisers’ list-serv, “The feed was primarily for students at Simpson College when it started, but has expanded to the point that I am now posting jobs and internships from across the globe.”

Question of the day: Are there any similar Twitter feeds, G+ or Facebook pages or websites that offer this type of prolific, in-the-moment internship and job listing for j-students?

3 Responses to “Twitter Feed Features Internships, Jobs for Journalism, Media & Communications Students”
  1. Providing information on media jobs an internships is something I do daily at http://www.profkrg.com. Students, advisers and practitioners also can follow me @profkrg on Twitter or Prof KRG on Facebook. I’m happy to help in any way I can.

2. Thanks for mentioning @comminternships! I’ve added more than 100 followers in the past 24 hours!

1. […] if that internship isn’t for you, follow the Twitter feed @comminternships. Hat tip to College Media Matters, which calls that feed a must-follow “for students interested in internships and entry-level […]