Crimson White Continues Coverage of Tuscaloosa’s Tornado Recovery Efforts

The Crimson White, the University of Alabama’s daily student newspaper, is continuing its coverage of the clean-up in UA’s hometown after late April’s deadly tornado.  The paper is providing hyperlocal updates on physical and emotional recovery efforts in various Tuscaloosa neighborhoods.  It is reporting on the debate over credentialing volunteers to work in the recovery zones; the economic rebuilding already underway; and larger efforts “to restore normalcy.”   It is also presenting obituaries of students and others lost in the disaster.

Below is a photo of the tornado as it tore past the UA campus, emailed to me by Mark Mayfield, the editorial adviser to student publications at the school.  In his words, “The UA Office of Student Media is located in the building in the lower center of the photo, near Bryant-Denny Stadium and between those two columns in the foreground.  This photo was taken by former UA Student Government Association President James Fowler.”

2 Responses to “Crimson White Continues Coverage of Tuscaloosa’s Tornado Recovery Efforts”
  1. Elina says:

I think there should be some video update too regarding the tornado

1. […] the newspaper is continuing its Herculean efforts to provide post-disaster updates on physical and emotional recovery efforts in various Tuscaloosa […]