CoPress Launches Hosting Service for Student Press Outlets

Your New Year’s Resolution: Shepherd your student newspaper into the wonderful world of Web 2.0 with a site that screams innovation, newsiness, and new new new new journalism.

—————

Who can help: The uber-tech-savvy team behind the revolutionary CoPress collaborative. As announced today on its Web site, CoPress is ready to host your student newspaper on its private server and work with you to build the type of site you desire. Check out its self-described “swanky hosting page” for details. A demo is also coming soon.

—————

CoPress Hosting Page—————

My take: The College Publisher CMS is so 2008. Shovelware is like coal in the stocking. CoPress seems to be the future. It is determined to make student news sites that are student-friendly and UNIQUE to each and every outlet and campus. The results of its efforts of course are still pending but the CP team oozes passion, relevant experience, and new media sensibilities. (I still think CoPress founder Daniel Bachhuber’s first words were technical ecosystem.)

2 Responses to “CoPress Launches Hosting Service for Student Press Outlets”
  1. […] Dan Riemold:  CoPress seems to be the future. It is determined to make student news sites that are student-friendly and UNIQUE to each and every outlet and campus. The results of its efforts of course are still pending but the (CoPress) team oozes passion, relevant experience, and new media sensibilities. […]

2. […] receiving so much good press lately, it sure is refreshing to have someone take us to task on a technical issue — […]